- Net Cafe was a US television series documenting the internet boom of the late 1990s. It was broadcast from 1996 to 2002 and hosted by Stewart Cheifet, Jane Wither, and Andrew deVries.
- An Internet cafe or cybercafe is a place which provides internet access to the public, usually for a fee. These businesses usually provide snacks and drinks, hence the cafe in the name. The fee for using a computer is usually charged as a time-based rate.
- Love, esp. when sentimental or idealized
- An exciting, enjoyable love affair, esp. one that is not serious or long-lasting
- A feeling of excitement and mystery associated with love
- woo: make amorous advances towards; “John is courting Mary”
- relating to languages derived from Latin; “Romance languages”
- love affair: a relationship between two lovers
net cafe romance – Dans Le
(Del lat. romanice, en romanico).
1. adj. Se dice de las lenguas modernas derivadas del latin, como el espanol, el italiano, el frances, etc. U. t. c. s. m.
2. m. Idioma espanol.
3. m. Novela o libro de caballerias, en prosa o en verso.
4. m. Combinacion metrica de origen espanol que consiste en repetir al fin de todos los versos pares una misma asonancia y en no dar a los impares rima de ninguna especie.
5. m. romance de versos octosilabos.
6. m. Composicion poetica escrita en romance.
7. m. Relacion amorosa pasajera.
8. m. pl. Excusas, bachillerias. Venirle con romances
net cafe romance
#1 New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts—hailed by Publishers Weekly as “a storyteller of immeasurable diversity and talent”—presents the first book in her mesmerizing new Three Sisters Island trilogy. Set on a remote, rocky island off the coast of Massachusetts, steeped in history, romance, and legend, Dance Upon the Air is an unforgettable tale of friendship, fate, and the mysterious ways of the heart…
When Nell Channing arrives on charming Three Sisters Island, she believes that she’s finally found refuge from her abusive husband—and from the terrifying life she fled so desperately eight months ago… But even in this quiet, peaceful place, Nell never feels entirely at ease. Careful to conceal her true identity, she takes a job as a cook at the local bookstore cafe—and begins to explore her feelings for the island sheriff, Zack Todd. But there is a part of herself she can never reveal to him—for she must continue to guard her secrets if she wants to keep the past at bay. One careless word, one misplaced confidence, and the new life she’s created so carefully could shatter completely. Just as Nell starts to wonder if she’ll ever be able to break free of her fear, she realizes that the island suffers under a terrible curse—one that can only be broken by the descendants of the Three Sisters, the witches who settled the island back in 1692. And now, with the help of two other strong, gifted women—and with the nightmares of the past haunting her every step—she must find the power to save her home, her love…and herself…
Setting: Three Sisters Island, coast of New England, present day
Sensuality rating: 6
Perennial New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts’s new Three Sisters Island trilogy is pure magic! No, I mean really magic. An intriguing combination of The Witches of Eastwick and Sleeping With the Enemy, Dance Upon the Air introduces readers to the idyllic town of Three Sisters Island. Reputedly conjured by a trio of sisters seeking to escape the Salem witch-hunts, the island remains a place of quiet refuge for one and all, including pretty Nell Channing who arrives in town afraid of her own shadow, with few possessions and no past. But the warm, sunny days and cool, windswept nights, as well as the loving concern of new friends–especially hunky sheriff Zack Todd–soon lure skittish Nell into a much-welcome fresh life. Nell’s new boss, the captivatingly lovely bookstore owner Mia Devlin (look for Mia’s story, hopefully, in the not-too-distant future), wonders from what or whom Nell is running. Mia treats Nell as she would a sister, which isn’t too far off the mark, helping Nell discover and explore her inner resources while Zack’s romantic attentions bring a rosy glow to Nell’s cheeks and to her future. But something wicked this way comes… Will Nell be ready to face and conquer her past? Even with the love and support of Mia, Zack, and Zack’s fellow police officer, his peppery, down-to-earth sister Ripley, Nell has the fight of her life–the fight for her life–on her hands. Roberts continues to delight fans and create new believers with her talent and imagination. –Alison Trinkle